Con­grat­u­la­tions to Year 13!

Y13 results 2019We are incred­i­bly pleased to share another set of excel­lent results with you. Stu­dents in the sixth form at King Ethel­bert School study the Inter­na­tional Bac­calau­re­ate Career-​Related Pro­gramme (IBCP). The IBCP is a rig­or­ous qual­i­fi­ca­tion where stu­dents study one BTEC Level 3 course and 2 IB Diploma Pro­gramme courses, graded on a 71 scale, as well as pass a unique IBCP core com­pris­ing a per­sonal and pro­fes­sional skills course, ser­vice learn­ing, a reflec­tive project and lan­guage acqui­si­tion. The school has received global recog­ni­tion for the inspi­ra­tional lead­er­ship and deliv­ery of the IBCP. King Ethel­bert School are proud to have been a pilot school, run­ning the IBCP since 2011. This year saw a 92% pass rate includ­ing 24 out of a pos­si­ble 70 grades being IB grades 5 and above.

These fan­tas­tic results have stood our stu­dents in good stead for excel­lent pro­gres­sion with 100% of the cohort con­tin­u­ing aca­d­e­mic study at Uni­ver­sity or seek­ing Higher Level Appren­tice­ships or employ­ment. 75% of the cohort have cho­sen to con­tinue aca­d­e­mic study at Uni­ver­sity with the other 25% seek­ing Higher Level Appren­tice­ships. Indi­vid­ual suc­cesses include Owen Pick­er­ing who achieved a grade 6 in Maths Stud­ies as part of his CP pro­gramme. Jacob Mid­dle­ton, who achieved an A in his reflec­tive project a 4 in Stan­dard Level His­tory and a 4 in Stan­dard Level Global Pol­i­tics, is leav­ing us to pur­sue a career as a para­medic, Joe Marsh, who achieved a B in Reflec­tive Project and a 4 in Higher Level Math­e­mat­ics, a 4 in Stan­dard Level Global Pol­i­tics and a 5 in Stan­dard Level His­tory, is leav­ing us to study Math­e­mat­i­cal Physics at the Uni­ver­sity of Not­ting­ham next year and Lisa-​Marie Money, who received a B in Reflec­tive Project, a 5 in Stan­dard Level Psy­chol­ogy and a 4 in Stan­dard Level Visual arts, is off to Aberys­t­wyth Uni­ver­sity to study Fine Art.

Joss Rebera, Head of Sixth Form said “We are incred­i­bly proud of all of our sixth form stu­dents and are excited to see how they con­tinue to flour­ish into adulthood.”

Y13 you have made us really proud and you com­pletely deserve this suc­cess. You have blos­somed into car­ing, prin­ci­pled, intel­li­gent and com­mu­nity minded young peo­ple with high aspi­ra­tions — you have the power to change the world for the bet­ter! Good Luck in your future excit­ing adven­tures and thank you for your con­tri­bu­tions to King Ethel­bert School.